Emma
Esther

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lullaby, - Gideon/Sofia -
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 08:05 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

Gideon couldn't sleep.

He had tried everything he could think of. Milk, warmed up with honey like his mother used to make when his older brother wouldn't settle down for the night. Valerian tea he'd gotten from the mad apothecary in town. Counting sheep. Counting backwards from 100, then from 500. Laying perfectly still in order to trick his body into thinking it was already asleep. He'd run out of ways to get himself to sleep, short of bashing his head against a wall or holding his breath until he passed out. He'd succumbed to merely roaming around his lean-to enough times that its size began to piss him off. It was tiny. He'd known that moving in. But did it have to be so tiny? One main room about 30x30 feet, and a closet with a straw tack off the back? It didn't bother him in the daytime. There was space enough for what he needed; that was all he'd asked for. But tonight, circling the floor in an endless attempt to exhaust himself into sleep, it felt claustrophobic. It was practically a chicken coop. He was six feet tall; he took up a lot of space. What the hell was he doing here? Where was here? What was New Hope but another way for him to be stuck in place, trapped in this tiny, useless cage of a town like some kind of cowering animal...

Gideon sat at his desk and let his head drop into his hands. He didn't hate New Hope. At least, he didn't hate it any more than he hated anything else. He was just tired. He was worn out and he couldn't fucking sleep. How could he be so physically and mentally weary, and yet unable to get some decent shut-eye? He was having nightmares again lately, but that was no excuse. Nightmares didn't keep people awake, or people wouldn't have them. It was illogical. He was losing his mind. All he needed was some sleep, really. Just a little sleep.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 09:09 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

Sofia felt so painfully glum as she made the long trek back to her shop from the saloon. It was another night wasted in her book… She'd gotten herself pretty into a crisp, clean white blouse, a lively red skirt, a thick brown leather belt and her sturdy leather boots and had hit the town. It was no short order to get herself looking so good, either. In addition to slipping into clothes - not much trouble at all, really - Sofia had taken the time to style her hair in the best way that she did… That was, she'd taken the good silver comb that she'd gotten as a wedding present another lifetime ago and fixed one part of her wild mane of blonde hair up while the rest flowed free and put silver earrings into her ears to boot. Sofia felt pretty. She'd rouged her lips and took herself to the saloon and laughed and laid down a few cards amongst friends. Perhaps the cards was where it all went wrong… It was hard to say now, walking alone through chilly streets with her head still so warm and fuzzy from all of the liquor she'd consumed. There was a vague remembrance of chairs breaking. Sofia thought someone had drawn a weapon. But then the ultimate breaking point - 'Whore!', someone had shouted at her. It was hard to remember what had happened after that but Sofia's knuckles were bleeding slightly and she felt deeply, powerfully upset. Only she couldn't remember why she was so upset… Samuel's face had come into her mind more than once on the trip and it was bringing her down in a powerful, miserable sort of way. As the whiskey worked terrors on her brain Sofia began to feel sorrier and sorrier for herself. She considered what she was doing there, walking alone in a dirty street half-wasted and all alone, all alone… Wondered if there was a point to it all, really… Wondered if she was better off to go home and swallow a bottle of laudanum, why not...

With these miserable thoughts, Sofia trudged along in silence with the moon to guide her steps and her eyes pointed mournfully into the dirt until the moonlight's silver rays were joined by a soft glow of orange. Intrigued, Sofia raised her head and noticed the building that such light was coming from. It was the little leanto, the tiny little home, belonging to Gideon Knight - The barber-surgeon. How did she feel about him? Friendly? Bothered? Offended? Curious? Sofia stopped in her tracks and thought about it for a few good, long moments. How did she feel? Eventually, a hopeful smile touched the corners of her lips and she turned the entirety of her body toward the little leanto. Sofia couldn't quite remember! But when she saw that orange glow the oppressively negative nature of her thoughts suddenly seemed so ebb toward the edges of her mind. Sofia put her hands in her pockets and skipped across the dirt, right up the short wooden stairs, and in to the front door of Gideon Knight's tiny home. Who locked their doors when they lived in a shack like that, anyway? The Big Bad Wolf would blow it down in one good puff.

"Gideon!" Sofia announced brightly as if they were the best of friends. She burst through his door grinning broadly but, upon seeing him seated at his desk the way he was, she stumbled slightly and fell back against the door, shutting it behind her with a good 'slam!' "Goddamn," Sofia remarked reverentially now that she saw him, "You're fucking gorgeous. You have got some huge muscles. My God," Given how prone she was to speaking her mind the effect of the alcohol might not have been immediately obvious. However, Sofia got one more sentence out, "Are you a horse because I'm going to ride you right out of town," before she giggled hysterically and the force of it knocked her right down into his floor.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 08:33 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

After a few minutes of sitting and staring blankly into the wood grain of his desk, Gideon thought of his visit to Michael Devlin a few days earlier and his admission of loneliness, and he thought...maybe this was the explanation for his insomnia lately. He was lonely. It was an appalling notion, to say nothing of embarrassing, but it was definitely something to consider. He hadn't been in love with Gilles, really. Infatuated at first, but never in love. Theirs was a relationship of lust first, convenience second, and near-coercion third. But it still meant that Gideon went to bed with another warm weight beside him, and he woke up to Gilles' soft snores and the slight rattling his twice-broken nose made when he was asleep. Gideon was sure that waking up beside him in the morning, warm and peaceful, was when he'd come closest to actually loving his lover. He thought he'd gotten used to cold, empty beds and waking up to silence, but maybe he hadn't. Maybe cold and empty was just too unbearable for so long after years of warmth and that soft, sleepy rattling.

He was so lost in thought, he didn't even hear the door open until he heard that wretched apothecary's shrill voice thunder in his small apartment so loudly, he thought she'd wake up the horses out back in the barn.

"Gideon! Goddamn. You're fucking gorgeous. You have got some huge muscles. My God. Are you a horse because I'm going to ride you right out of town,"

Gideon stood in naked alarm, throwing back his chair and fairly leaping away from the desk as though to put as much space (and the desk) between himself and this madwoman as possible. After Sofia's initial bawdy torrent, she pitched forward and collapsed, and it was only then Gideon realized - she was drunk. And not merely tipsy, either. She was off her head, slurring, shitfaced drunk. Gideon was simultaneously appalled and fascinated. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen a woman this drunk before. Men, sure, but pretty blonde women? Of course, he wasn't the best litmus for such things, as he spent as little time with women as he could get away with.

And what the question came down to was, not if or why she was drunk, but why was she in his house?

He stared at Sofia Cross lying on his floor for a moment before deciding that perhaps leaving her there was a poor course of action. He tentatively crept over, as though approaching an animal which may or may not be rabid, and crouched beside her.

"Sofia... M-Miss Cross..." Fuck. He gave her shoulder a gentle nudge. "Uh. Do you, um...need...help?" No doubt you need help, you mad harpy.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 09:15 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

Gideon's floor was surprisingly soft when Sofia went crashing into it gracelessly. Thankfully, she was a woman who fell often and who had learned at a very early stage in her marriage to play off all of her falls and stumbles with a lot of subtlety. While Gideon came creeping over to her Sofia propped herself up on to her left elbow and luxuriously laid her right arm over her hip. It was taking her a few moments but she was thinking of her next course of action and how to proceed… A momentary flit of panic washed over Sofia's body when Gideon stood over her and leaned down but it was only to nudge her in the shoulder. Sofia's tense face transitioned into an easy smile and she turned her face up to him at once.

"Sofia… M-Miss Cross…" He was asking and Sofia rolled over on to her back so that she could look straight up at the man with the moon's face, "Uh. Do you, um… need… help?"

"God," Sofia breathed and stretched her arms high over her head, scraping her wrists up against the boards that edged the dirt where she lay but Sofia did not mind. She splayed herself out easily on his floor and lifted a knee to her chest, "You are just… mmmmm."

Sofia made a sound typically associated with consuming a hearty spoonful of broth or a particularly delicious meal. She extended her leg and her skirt slipped down to her hips, revealing knee-length trousers and a shapely calf that ended in her leather boot. Sofia showed Gideon all of these things when she extended her foot to him and stretched, arching her back and her bosom away from the floor.

"Yessss…. I do need help," Sofia was mostly eloquent when she had been drinking but her voice stumbled every so often and slurred occasionally despite how clear it all sounded in her mind, "I have an emergency, doctor. A medical emergency. In here…." Like a vulgar young man, Sofia put a hand squarely over the part of her skirt still covering her groin, "Please… Save me while you can..."

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 09:07 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

"God... You are just…mmmmm."

Sofia was writhing on her back, making the most obscene of noises, and Gideon just...sat there. Well, what, exactly, was he supposed to do? She was drunk, obviously mad or hallucinating or something, she was in his house, he didn't know how to get her out... His head was reeling. He was in no shape for this nonsense. And Sofia, obviously, was in no shape at all. He didn't know what to do with her. He wanted to toss her back out onto the street she walked in from, but it seemed...irresponsible somehow. What if she didn't go home? He wasn't even sure where her home was. How could he live in a town so small and not know where this one, single woman lived?

Sofia tugged her skirt up (revealing, thank goodness, nothing more intimate than a pair of trousers), and touched herself in a nonetheless very intimate way. Gideon could feel his face burning fluorescent. "Yessss…. I do need help. I have an emergency, doctor. A medical emergency. In here…. Please… Save me while you can..."

Gideon groaned. "Oh, for Christ's..." He stood and bent to pick her up off the floor, like she was a sack of flour. She was laying just on the edge of where the rough wooden floor met the dirt depression, and the last thing he needed was for her to scrape herself up. He lay her down in the middle of the floor and knelt next to her, looking her in the eye to make sure they weren't glazed. She seemed basically alert, not in any danger of blacking out immediately. She was just...well, drunk. And obviously out of her skull.

"You don't need saving," he scolded. He sat with his arms wrapped around his bent knees, looking down at the woman in disbelief. "You're just drunk...and m-making a fool of yourself. Stop it." He paused. "Do you need to go home? Where do you live?" What the hell am I supposed to DO with you?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 10:18 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

Sofia squealed in delight when Gideon bent and picked her up from the floor. Her arms went immediately around his neck to circle them tight and Sofia's head spun as if he were pirouetting with her in his arms. However, it was a very good sensation of spinning that did not make her feel ill. Sofia felt like they were dancing mostly and she fancied herself to be dancing with Gideon to a lively tune underneath the harvest moon back east. She could almost hear the fiddle, come to think of it, and began to hum along with the music… Their dance was over far too soon when Gideon laid her down on his floor and left Sofia to hum alone just underneath her breath. Unfortunately he sat up and broke away from her arms so Sofia was left smiling up at him in a dreamy state as if she'd never seen anything like him.

"You don't need saving," Gideon reproached her like a scornful mother, "You're just drunk… and m-making a fool of yourself. Stop it."

Sofia's eyes drifted downward to see the way that he hugged his knees and folded his long, long, long… long legs up toward his chest. Sofia laughed in an airy sort of way and looked again at Gideon's face. She rolled over on to her side and folded her arms up underneath her head to try to prop it up and keep it from sinking in to the wooden floor. Gideon was asking Sofia about her home but she was still staring at him in rapture. Her green eyes were determined to gaze upon him but they were fighting the effects of the alcohol and the alcohol wanted to put her to sleep. The alcohol much preferred that Sofia lay there on Gideon's floor and toss and turn with terrible dreams and sickening thoughts, she knew that even in a perverted state of mind. So Sofia persisted in her course.

"You're as handsome as the man in the moon," Sofia reflected like the drunken poets she'd met in the back rooms of pubs and taverns in Boston. She felt like a regular wordsmith according to her alcohol-addled mind of lower standards,"And strong like him. And big. And bright. And you have tides… I can feel your pull…" She giggled and succumbed to shutting her eyes… Just for half a second. But the half a second lasted longer than Sofia intended and she struggled to open them again. "Mmm, I feel your pull… on my bones. And my breasts. And my groin. I am an island and my home is here, in the sea, with you, the moon, with you…" Sofia yawned and gave up trying to open her eyes. She got very comfortable on the floor and on her pillow of hands and arms. "I hope I drown. I hope I drown like bricks and stones and... Drowning would be so quiet..."

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 11:08 AM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

"You're as handsome as the man in the moon. And strong like him. And big. And bright. And you have tides… I can feel your pull… On my bones. And my breasts. And my groin. I am an island and my home is here, in the sea, with you, the moon, with you… I hope I drown. I hope I drown like bricks and stones and... Drowning would be so quiet..."

Gideon sat and stared down at her, perplexed and bewildered and a little worried. He didn't think she was in danger of hurting herself, but now he was positive he couldn't send her back out into the town like this. She'd likely never find her own way home, and for all he knew, she could wander out onto the prairie and never return - eaten by coyotes, or overtaken by wagon trainers, or just plain lost. In fact, if she tried to leave now, he wasn't sure he ought to let her. He barely knew this woman, and he wasn't strictly responsible for her actions, but...he was in this town to take care of people, wasn't he? Perhaps not to the degree Devlin was, but he was here as a caretaker of sorts nonetheless, and clearly, Sofia was in no shape to be taking care of herself. She was clearly not completely in her right mind.

The fact that she seemed intent on waxing poetic about his so-called beauty was evidence enough of that.

"Look," he said desperately, aware that she may or may not even comprehend that he was talking to her. "If you don't want to...go home...if you don't have someone there to...I don't know, keep an eye on you? You can stay here. Just tonight. Okay? Come...come on..."

He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her off the floor to stand on her own feet. In slow, shuffling steps, so as not to send her - or himself - sprawling back on the floor, he led her to the little room off to the side that was taken up by his bed. It was a fat straw tack in a simple box frame that sat on the floor and took up all but an inches-wide strip of space between the frame and the wall the archway was cut into. He hauled both their bodies through the arch and onto the mattress. He left her for a moment to go retrieve the lantern in the main room and bring it inside, resting it on a platform he'd nailed into the wall.

"You can, uh...get comfortable," he said awkwardly. "I'll...I don't know. I'll sleep out here." He wasn't keen on it, really, since he only had the one brushed wool blanket that was laying on his bed. But hell, he wasn't doing a great job of sleeping, anyway.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 10:26 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

Sofia felt remarkably content there on Gideon's floor. Sure, the accommodations left something to be desired, but she was like an overly-tired child in the way that she was content to lie down on the floor, in the dirt, in the grass, in the mud… Wherever, really. Anything solid and stable was fine given that Sofia's head was spinning her right around without the floor having to move at all. And even if she could not see Gideon (not through her closed eyelids) it was still nice to know that he was there. His voice was comforting in the way that eastern voices were… He didn't have a thick accent, per se, but he didn't sound like a tumbleweed rolling down the dusty lane either. It was like hearing a familiar childhood melody.

"…keep an eye on you? You can stay here. Just tonight. Okay? Come… come on…"

Sofia's heart leaped in her chest and she fluttered her eyelashes only to see Gideon moving around her body and putting an arm around her. Sofia willed her eyes to open when it became apparent that Gideon was trying to get her up onto her feet. Sofia helped in the best way she could by getting her legs under her and standing up but she was briefly afraid that he was going to pitch her out in to the street so she showed some resistance at first. When Gideon turned toward the inside of his home, however, Sofia went a bit more willingly and tried to appreciate the grand tour of his little home while it lasted… Which was not long.

The tour ended in a cut-away room that was more mattress than it was room. The mattress might as well have been a desert oasis and Sofia a parched wanderer for how eagerly she pitched forward in to the bed and crawled directly in while Gideon went away. It was comfortably dark in the little room and impressively warm. Sofia crawled as close to the wall as she could, displaying an impressive amount of manual dexterity for her current state, and then sank in to the mattress. Gideon had come back now and illuminated the small space with his lantern, leaving the rest of the house in darkness and making their small space bright and cheery just as if they were gathered around a fire. Ha. "Their" small space.

"You can, uh… get comfortable."

She already was. Sofia was a tangle of skirts and boots and blonde hair on the far side of the bed near the wall, watching Gideon with big green eyes that she now found much easier to keep open. He was a fascinating character. Without any (or very little? Sofia didn't know, really) pigmentation in his skin, Gideon was like a blank canvas and that meant that the golden lantern light was projected on to his skin without obstacle. His eyes looked orange in the light which Sofia found… Intriguing. Intriguing and odd.

"I'll… I don't know. I'll sleep out here."

Sofia grinned and reached her hand out to pet the side of the bed like it was a prized horse. Although she was nearly six feet tall, Sofia had nestled herself on the far side of the bed and left a wide-open field of mattress and blanket for Gideon. She'd been thinking romantic thoughts a moment ago - Now she was back in her own proper state of mind. He was still shirtless, after all.

"There is an awful lot of mattress here," Sofia pointed out surprisingly eloquently. 'Awful' was a bit of challenge but Sofia got it out - Slowly. "And think… How warm with two people." Sofia was on top of the blanket but she pulled it away from the other side of the bed and tugged it toward her so as to make it easier for Gideon to get in. It was a little disconcerting to be in such a small space and so close to the wall… It did not leave any room for a girl to escape. But Sofia wasn't thinking of escape, really. She was comfortable and reasonably happy. Gideon's golden skin and his cheerful lamp and his soft bed were happy things. It was almost good that the room provided little room for escape because it provided little room for the bad things to get in, too. "Get in," Sofia asked plaintively, "I'm cold and it's fri- frightening."

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 09:38 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

Gideon half-expected Sofia to drop off immediately, as soon as her addled head hit the pillow, but she did no such thing. She curled up on the mattress and burrowed into the blankets like a rabbit into a haystack. He shook his head in disbelief. Having this woman whom he had been pretty sure hated his guts snuggled into his bed like she owned it? It was too surreal to be believed. If his insomnia hadn't made itself perfectly clear already, he'd think he was dreaming.

"There is an awful lot of mattress here. And think… How warm with two people. Get in," Sofia asked plaintively, "I'm cold and it's fri-frightening."

Gideon rolled his eyes and stepped further into the weak light of the lantern. The dark room behind him suddenly felt very chilly, like standing with his back to some dank cave. The bedroom - if it could be called that - on the other hand was lit with a warm, dancing light that cast itself on Sofia's hair and skin until she looked gilded. He could appreciate, then, at least for a moment, that she could have been a beautiful woman. When she wasn't being a horse-faced horse's ass. When she wasn't looking at or talking to him like he was some ill-educated cockroach. When she was smiling with the pure benevolence of a drunk and lit by a dying lantern.

"You're not frightened," he scolded lightly, but he slid onto the bed and leaned his back against the wall. The rough wood beneath his back reminded him that he hadn't thought to put a shirt on, and he crossed his arms self-consciously over his chest.

"And it's not that cold," he continued, though it was a little cold. Too cold, he thought miserably, to sleep without a blanket, but what was he going to do? Make her sleep on the naked floor with no blanket or even a rag rug to soften the wood some? He wasn't an asshole. "Just...go to sleep. I'll wait here, until you're...you know. Asleep. Okay?"

He scooted down on the mattress and lay there, staring at the ceiling and trying not to think about the radical impropriety of having this woman in his bed, with him. He barely knew her. She barely knew him! What were either of them thinking?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 05:48 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

"You're not frightened," Gideon advised her and got in to the bed. Wasn't he? Sofia raised an eyebrow at him and then shrugged her shoulders. She smiled a bit. It didn't matter, actually, if she was frightened or not… Given that she was always in a mild state of fright it was just… Normal. Sofia's eyes cast upwards at Gideon's torso. He was trying to recline against the wall it seemed but he did not look very comfortable. He looked stoic and statuesque. Seeing that enforced Sofia's smile. He was funny. She wondered what sort of man he was. There was something about him that wasn't… Normal. Maybe the way he crossed his arms tightly over his bare chest. Maybe the way he didn't try to offer himself to her although she was a woman and she was in his bed… What sort of a man didn't offer?

"And it's not that cold. Just… go to sleep. I'll wait here, until you're… you know. Asleep. Okay?"

While Gideon got himself comfortable on the mattress and decided to lay down beside her Sofia herself scooted a bit closer to him.

"I can't sleep cold," Sofia explained her closeness away and lay up against his side for a few moments. And then, when that got too boring, she smiled to herself and reached a long arm over and around Gideon's torso.

"I can't sleep alone," Sofia explained again, apologetically this time, and closed her eyes for a few minutes while she reveled in the feeling of laying up alongside the big marble statue of a man that Gideon Knight was. Sofia thought she might be happy with this arrangement at first. It was comfortable and he was warm and his bare skin felt good under her arm but the blanket needed to be fixed and arranged over top of them and then… Well, if she had to fix the blanket then why miss the opportunity to do one more thing? Besides, his abdominal muscles were so solid under her arm and… Sofia was really just a sap for abs…

It started pretty innocent. Sofia's arm shifted and her hand was placed over Gideon's abdominals. After a few moments it started to drift fondly over his stomach, up to his chest, up to his shoulders. Before Sofia knew it her eyes had fluttered open to stare at the perfectly alabaster skin in front of her face. Sofia shifted to place her lips against that skin, the skin of his shoulder, so that she could tenderly shower it in attention and nip at the skin just once - but once was enough to get her going. Suddenly Sofia felt as if she were full of oceans of mischievous energy. Sofia used her hold on Gideon's opposite shoulder to help push herself up so that she could linger over him in the golden lamplight. Sofia had to push her curtain of hair over one shoulder so that she could see him but when she did it was plenty worth it. He was so handsome. So strange and so handsome. With a bold grin, Sofia leaned down and pressed her lips against the stoic man's mouth in a soft, insistent kiss.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:13 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

Gideon was sure now that he would never get to sleep, not with this stranger in his bed. The last person he'd had in his bed was Gilles, and Sofia was so much smaller and lighter, and her breathing pattern was different, and the way she moved was all wrong... When he closed his eyes, though, he thought for a moment that it wasn't all unpleasant. It wasn't really unpleasant at all. He really had missed having someone beside him, being spoken to and touched. Even the way she looked at him, like he was something to be appreciated rather than repulsed by...even if she was drunk and therefore not in the finest state of judgement. It was that suddenly woken and quietly desperate hunger to be wanted again that made him allow Sofia to shift onto his side of the mattress. She curled up at his side like a ktten.

"I can't sleep cold. I can't sleep alone."

At first, naively, he thought she was snuggling up to him because she really was cold. Pulling the blankets over the both of them seemed to confirm that. But then, that snuggle turned into something more intimate, a hand gliding from his abdomen to his chest and a mouth laying soft, whispering kisses against the skin of his shoulder. Her hands clutched tenderly at them, like they were already lovers, and had been for years.

"Sofia," he whispered. Speaking any louder seemed wrong somehow, in this tiny bare room with its rapidly dwindling lantern light. "W-w-what are you..."

He couldn't force out even another word before she swung herself over and planted herself astride his body. Reflexively, his hands went to her waist, and although his first thought was to nudge her off, the kiss she laid on him shattered it. He parted his lips to invite her in, and even though she was too soft, her body too lithe, her bones too fragile, he found himself lost in her. He returned the kiss with and vengeance and rolled her over onto her back so he was poised upright between her legs. It wasn't her that enticed him - not her overeager body, or her wanton words. He had spent the night awake and lonely. He had spent weeks aching for someone to be with, in any way, platonic or lovers or anything else. He'd met Michael and wanted him silently. He'd met Rudolph and done a poor job of pretending not to want him too. Now here was Sofia, and against all odds, she had wanted him. She may not have been in her right mind, but, he reminded himself, she'd still come to him.

It didn't take long for him to stop trying to rationalize it, however. They kissed in a tangle of limbs and coverlet until the lantern was flickering madly in panic as its oil ran down. Gideon's hand slid up her skirt and his fingers hooked around the edge of the trousers she wore underneath, and just when both were bare and soaked in anticipatory sweat in spite of the chill, the light went out. There, in the dark, Gideon lost himself, deep in the labyrinth of Sofia's willing body, and for at least a little while, he regretted nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was some time later that Gideon lay over Sofia with his brow resting against her shoulder. He was panting, and his heart hammered against his back while a line of sweat along his spine cooled and dried. His hands, planted on either side of Sofia's torso, were trembling.

"Fuck," he gasped. The last swellings of lust were beginning to subside, like the ebbing of a tide, and it seemed to dawn on him just what had happened. "Fuck. I'm sorry. I sh-shouldn't have...taken advantage... I'm sorry..."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 06:32 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

It wasn't fair for Sofia to torment Gideon this way but here they were and she didn't see anything to feel sorry for. He was a big strapping man, wasn't he? If he didn't want Sofia to be crawling on top of him then he could very well remove her! As she found out, however, he did not. In fact, Gideon did the exact opposite of protest. His hands went around her waist as soon as Sofia was over top of him and her drunk brain took this to mean absolute, enthusiastic consent. She grinned before she laid a kiss on Gideon's mouth that he was only too eager to return. He truly was like the moonlight outside and when he kissed her she felt all of the wildness and savagery of the moon pouring in to her body and making her limbs eager and anxious. Such a feeling was stoked by Gideon's sudden enthusiasm which surprised Sofia… He was a big man but he acted so small whenever she saw him. Apparently he was neither small nor dainty as she experienced when he boldly flipped her over and sat suggestively right between her legs. Sofia might have laughed at how funny that seemed to her but it was hard when there were so many lips and arms flailing around. Confusing or not, Sofia felt very, very happy. And eager. When Gideon finally gave himself over to her she felt pure, unbridled delight that illuminated all of the dark, shadowy corners of her mind where sadness had been lurking before. For as long as they romped in Gideon's bed and as long as Sofia's cries broke through the quiet walls of the little lean-to, she was happy.

By the time that Gideon lay panting with his head against her shoulder the effects of the alcohol had dulled significantly and had been replaced by a deep-seated, thoroughly satisfying exhaustion. Sofia's arms were wrapped loosely around Gideon's lower back, coming together to drape over his button, and her labored breathing matched his own. Unlike Gideon's apologies, however, Sofia was smiling to herself in the dark. She felt thoroughly victorious. Another tough conquest - Check. And he was impressively good.

"Sorry that you fuck like a champion?" Sofia's voice was hardly a murmur but she was becoming far more eloquent as the alcohol wore off. Sofia removed a hand so that she could fumble for Gideon's chin in the darkness and pull him down to her for a quick kiss. "I loved it. You're good. You hide it so well, but you are good… We'll do this more often."

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 07:25 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

Gideon was stunned, to say the least. He felt as though he had been knocked over the head. It wasn't that he hadn't enjoyed it. He had, he was pretty sure. Parts of him certainly had. It was all a kind of strange haze, like he'd been doing something purely out of reflex and couldn't recall actually commanding his body to do it. Lust and instinct had told him to fuck Sofia, and he had. And...he'd liked it. He hadn't been with a woman since he was 19 or so, but to his surprise, it wasn't awkward or fumbling. As far as hew knew, he'd done just fine. Everything went where it was supposed to, and after that, well, the deepest part of his reptile brain knew what to do anyway. Drunk or not, Sofia was as willing as they came (no pun intended), and she had let him pound her into the straw tack until he was convinced he'd accidentally snap her in half. She had taken it, though, and with aplomb. IT had been good.

So why was he suddenly feeling so rotten about it?

"Sorry that you fuck like a champion?" There was that mouth of hers again, like a sailor's... A talented mouth, though, he thought, before immediately feeling guilty for it. "I loved it. You're good. You hide it so well, but you are good… We'll do this more often."

He lifted his head when she'd released him from a quick, almost tender kiss, and he looked down at her. It was dark, and he could only just see her face, but she looked...happy. Satisfied, at least. She looked at him like she'd done something right, made a good decision in coming to his house and into his bed. She was pretty, and he could appreciate that. But did he want to do this again? Could he, even, if this perfect storm of factors hadn't coincided - her drunkenness, his insomnia, her amorousness, his loneliness?

He shifted over her and settled onto his side, her shoulder still close enough to press against his chest. He settled his arm on her bare stomach.

"I don't...kn-know if that's a good idea," he said slowly. He spoke quietly, but his low voice seemed to reverberate through the small room nonetheless. It was nothing compared to Sofia's earlier passionate cries, though. "I'm... I'm n-not... I m-mean, what will people say?" he finally blurted out. He didn't know what else to say. That he wasn't attracted to women, even though he'd just screwed one? That would confuse her, and for good reason. Hell, it was confusing to him. "You don't... You could do...b-better than me. Really."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Sofia Cross
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 08:10 PM

Human
Apothecary
application
— Human —

Of course Sofia smiled when he looked down on her - This arrangement was absolutely perfect. He had laid her down in that bed like a common whore. Sofia did not think of herself as a whore but she did not appreciate it when men treated her like a dainty flower simply because they had not paid to sleep with her or because she was presumed to be somewhat marriageable… Gideon didn't hold back. Gideon had pounded Sofia's alcohol-addled brain back to alertness and she could see herself happily taking solace in his high-energy affections and eschewing the saloon more often. Sofia was very, very happy with herself. When he rolled over and laid an arm tenderly over her stomach she felt warm and surprisingly secure. Sofia fixed her braid over her shoulder and turned her head so that she could see the outline of his strong jaw in the weak shadows. His breathing was enough to make her close her eyes and enjoy the moment. Lazily, Sofia stroked her fingers over the fine hairs of Gideon's arm.

"I don't… kn-know if that's a good idea."

Gideon's voice seemed like it was hardly a whisper - hardly audible compared to the incredible noise that they'd been making before. Sofia took a deep breath and exhaled, seemingly unaffected by his declaration.

"I'm… I'm n-not… I m-mean, what will people say?"

Sofia giggled boldly and her bright laughter sounded like it was as loud as thunder compared with Gideon's soft voice.

"You don't… You could do… b-better than me. Really."

"If you think," Sofia's voice was bright and a bit inflated - At first it seemed boastful but a keen pair of ears would have sensed a touch of offended incredulousness in her tone, "If you think that fucking me is going to lower your social standing, if that's what you mean by that, if you think people knowing will make them think less of you… Then I say this - Almost every high official in this town has slept with me so don't think that I'm going to demean your character."

Because of course that was what he meant! Gideon didn't want his good reputation to be sullied by being rumored to be sleeping with Sofia, correct? It made far more sense than the reverse.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Gideon Knight
 Posted: Oct 15 2014, 12:26 PM

Human
N/A
application
— Human —

Sofia laughed and jabbered like she thought nothing in the world of what they'd done or what he said, but when she spoke, he could hear under all her burbling giggles a note of disdain.

"If you think that fucking me is going to lower your social standing, if that's what you mean by that, if you think people knowing will make them think less of you… Then I say this - Almost every high official in this town has slept with me so don't think that I'm going to demean your character."

Gideon blinked in surprise, and he settled back on the mattress with his brows slightly furrowed. That wasn't what he'd meant at all. And she was hiding it with winks and smiles, but he could tell she was offended. Did she really think he'd tried to brush her off because he'd be ashamed to be seen with her? That was ridiculous. For one thing, even he wasn't that much of an asshole. For another, little did she know that being seen canoodling with a woman in public was a much better public option than the being seen with, as he'd ultimately have preferred, a man.

Whether or not he was as definitively homosexual as he'd believed since he was 20 years old seemed now up for debate, but that was a headache and a half for another day, when he wasn't so sleepy and sex-addled.

"N-n-no," he protested. "That...that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying...you, maybe, don't want to be seen with me. Or, around me. Or in my house. I mean, except on business, but...nobody does business this late. Except maybe Rutherford's." He was babbling. He shook his head, as though he could shake the nervousness off that way. "All I'm...s-saying...is...I don't know. Like I said. You can do better than me. And I'm...I'm n-not...I haven't b-been with a...woman in a really long time, and it's strange, and I'm n-not good at it, and I don't exactly...know what I think about it."

He rolled onto his back with a sigh and stared at the ceiling. "How...dumb, exactly...did all of that sound?" All of it sounded dumb, very dumb, because you're dumb, and what did you have to go and screw her for?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

listings & affiliates
skinned by darren criss./jessica hamby. @ atf, caution, shine & www. cfs @ black.